PRESENTATION OF THE COLLECTION IN THE FOLKLORE MUSEUM
In 2009, work was started on the re-installation of the permanent collection section in the Folklore Museum. The concept embraces a unified system of display cases and wall units in modern design yet matching the special atmosphere and charm of the MonatsschlĂ¶ssl â€“ built in Late Renaissance rustic style â€“ and of the Folklore Collection housed there since 1924.'
A show dedicated to Tobi Reiser (1907-1974) is now on display in a room on the first floor. Tobi Reiser was probably Salzburgâ€™s most famous folk musician of the twentieth century and first managing director of the Salzburg Heimatwerk.
Likewise re-designed was the exhibition room devoted to furniture and trousseaus showing bedroom furniture and a number of objects from everyday country life. Juxtaposed to this is the opulently accoutred and decorated â€śbest parlourâ€ť. One room is also dedicated to the theme of folk piety, showing statues of saints, altars and votive images, also numerous glass paintings from the rich inventory of the Salzburg Museum.
An individual room is devoted to the founder of the Folklore Collection, Karl Adrian; it is designed completely in the style of the museum exhibitions in Adrianâ€™s time.